SINGAPORE, May 9, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Stamford American International Faculty acquired recognition from the American Chamber of Commerce (AmCham) Singapore for its corporate social responsibility (CSR) efforts. The AmCham CARES award, presented by Mr. Chan Chun Sing, Minister for Instruction and Minister-in-cost of the Public Company, and AmCham Chairman Lisa Liaw at a ceremony on April 22 at the Shangri La Lodge, discovered businesses that incorporate sustainability and socially accountable company tactics with strong neighborhood engagement.
Stamford American was the only academic institution among the 36 recipients, these kinds of as Google Asia Pacific, Johnson & Johnson and 3M Technologies, to obtain the award for distinction.
In addition to an IB curriculum that includes assistance discovering and motion, Stamford American champions student-led chances and tasks to make a difference in Singapore and the planet at big.
Humanities instructor and assistance studying coordinator Garrett McKeen believes that the foreseeable future of instruction lies in provider to other individuals.
“Service is not a thing that you find out in the classroom,” he stated. “Stamford American empowers students to just take cost of their learning through service in the authentic entire world.”
Every single calendar year, a lot more than 500 students actively participate in their own initiatives, contributing to leads to and charities of their decision. At Stamford American, there are several techniques pupils can utilize support finding out, like college golf equipment, co-curricular actions (CCAs), particular person projects, neighborhood jobs and far more.
Crucial initiatives that contributed to this award:
- A walk-a-thon to elevate a lot more than $10,000 for Singapore Affiliation for Psychological Overall health.
- A Month of Offering campaign, structured by Stamford American‘s Mum or dad Teacher Association, Superior University support golf equipment and Middle College Guide Puppies CCA, that elevated about $2,700 for company partners at Neighborhood Chest, NGO Brings about for Animals and Guideline Canine Singapore.
- A donation travel by the Peer Tutoring Club to acquire academic materials for underprivileged kids with the enable of Community Chest and Methodist Welfare Services.
- Various donation drives structured by Middle College and Large University pupils to gather clothes for a village in Cambodia and to operate with Daughters Elevating, an NGO in Thailand.
- Stamford American‘s Father or mother Instructor Association collaborated with Toys for Tots and It can be Raining Raincoats to acquire resources, everyday necessities, and toys for the two migrant personnel and underprivileged small children.
- Scholar-led sustainability jobs these types of as OIKOS, Uncommon Tree Guardians, and Hydroponics, all of which deal with ecological literacy in the Stamford American local community and sustainability for the long term.
“We’re honored to be recognized for the a lot of techniques we connect pupils to services initiatives that effect the better group,” reported Superintendent Mark Wenzel. “Our target at Stamford American is not only to build good thinkers and issue-solvers, but to inspire our pupils to assume beyond themselves and recognize they certainly can make a big difference.”
Supply Stamford American Intercontinental School